My kids love a good pumpkin activity and we’ve done many over the last few years. So I compiled a list of super fun pumpkin activities for preschoolers!
As soon as fall arrives and pumpkins show up in stores, my kids become fascinated with all things pumpkin. Every time we are in the grocery store they ask to buy one of those small $0.50 pumpkins. Plus, we often buy several of the larger ones too.
They love when we do pumpkin activities too. So I like to create or find activities that play on their love of pumpkins and also teach them a few things too.
All of these pumpkin activities are perfect for fun AND learning! Because the best kind learning happens when they are having fun!
10 Fun Pumpkin Activities for Preschoolers
1. Your kids will love this write on and wipe off pumpkin art activity!
2. This pumpkin letter matching activity is really easy to set up and a great way to work on letter identification and letter sounds.
3. This pumpkin suncatcher activity is simple enough for young children and the result is beautiful!
4. Make play dough and pattern block pumpkins for a fun, hands-on math activity!
5. Decorating pumpkins with play dough is sure to be a hit with your kids!
6. Your kids will have a blast creating these sparkly pumpkins.
7. This 5 little pumpkins snack is easy enough for kids to make and pairs perfectly with the book!
8. The pumpkin geoboard activity is a great way to work on math and fine motor skills.
9. Develop scissor skills with this cute pumpkin craft.
10. These beginning sounds pumpkin puzzles give kids practice with letter identification and letter sounds.