These oatmeal smoothie breakfast popsicles are a huge hit with my kids. The strawberry banana flavor is awesome. Whip them up quickly and have breakfast for days.
Mornings can be hectic and sometimes it really helps to have a breakfast option that I can just quickly pull out of the freezer and serve the kids. In addition, what kid wouldn’t like to have a popsicle for breakfast?!
Even better is the fact that they are healthy. They are filled with fruits, whole grains and protein. Nothing artificial here. I love that I can give my kids a popsicle for breakfast and feel awesome about it!
- 1/2 cup of Oatmeal
- 6 oz of French Vanilla yogurt (I like Stonyfield Organic)
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 6-8 Strawberries cut in halves or quarters
- Large banana
1. Put the oatmeal in the blender and blend until the oatmeal is a fine powder.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir with a spoon, making sure to incorporate the oatmeal.
3. Blend everything together.
4. Pour into popsicle molds. This makes enough to fill our four molds as shown below.
5. Put in the freezer and allow them to freeze completely.
6. Serve and enjoy!
You could even make a couple batches and keep them in the freezer extra busy mornings. They really come together quite quickly, so it wouldn’t take long at all.
My kids are super excited to have popsicles for breakfast and I am relieved to have a quick, healthy and fun breakfast to serve them!