This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
These Minions cake mix cookies are super simple to make and a great addition to a Minions movie night or birthday party!
If you are a busy mom that doesn’t have a lot of time to spend baking cookies from scratch and decorating them to perfection, then these are the Minions cookies for you! They come together very easily and even someone with no experience decorating baked goods (I am talking about myself here!) can make them look great!
When I heard that Illumination Entertainment’s Minions movie was being released on DVD on 12/8/15, I just knew I had to plan a fun movie night for the kids and make a fun treat. I did a little more than I would normally do because I wanted to make the night extra special.
- Minions movie Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack (<—- click here for all of the buying options)
- Ingredients for cookies (see below)
- Blue candies
- Yellow balloons
Making Minions Cake Mix Cookies
- Yellow or Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 eggs
- Large candy eyes
- Black decorating cake icing
- Dump the cake mix into a bowl.
- Add the oil and the eggs.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on a cookie sheet. A cookie scoop works perfectly.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes at 350º. Checking to make sure you don’t over bake. They will be soft.
- Let cookies cool completely.
Decorating the Minion Cookies:
After some trial and error, I figured out a very easy way to decorate the eyes on the cookies.
- Squeeze out a glob(s) of black icing in the location where you want the eye or eyes. You want it to be a fairly big glob. Then gently place a candy eye in the center of the icing and push down slowly. This will make the extra icing spread out around the outside of the candy eye. You now have your goggles! Just to reiterate, you make one glob of icing for one eye and two separate globs of icing for two eyes. This is so much easier than trying to trace around the candy eyes with black icing. Trust me!
- Then using the icing to make lines coming off the side of the goggles and the mouth.
These cookies were the highlight of the Minions move night! The kids thought they were awesome and they were a perfect movie night treat!
Minions Move Night Party Ideas
Make your popcorn and put it in a bowl and then add candies to it for a fun and easy Minions snack mix! My kids really loved finding candy in their popcorn.
I also picked up some yellow balloons from the party store and decorated them like minions. My kids were in love with these! Next time I will cut out some larger black circles to place behind the eyes so that it looks like they have goggles on. The kids didn’t mind at all though. They carried the balloons around all night!
We settled in for a relaxing night on the couch watching Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. Although we had already seen it in the movie theater the kids were super excited to see it again. It was a fantastic night for all of us!
Find even more fun and exciting Minions treats, crafts and more by clicking here!