This Valentine’s Day craft activity is perfect for kids of all ages! The included printable makes it super easy to do and the end result is beautiful! It’s a perfect gift for family and friends!
I love that this Valentine’s Day craft is easy enough for toddlers, but still fun for preschoolers and older children. Both of my kids were able to make it with no help from me. It is a low prep activity and the printable makes it even easier. As a result, this would be super easy to do in a classroom environment!
- I love you to pieces printable (at bottom of post)
- Clear contact paper
- Red and pink tissue paper or red and pink construction paper
Setting up the Valentine’s Day Craft
- Print out enough copies of the printable for each child who will be making this.
- Cut out the center of the heart.
- Cut the clear contact paper so that you have a rectangle that is slightly bigger than the heart opening on the printable.
- Peel the backing off of the contact paper and stick it to the back of the printable so that the sticky side is facing out to the front.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each printable you are using.
*If you want to make it even easier, you can just print the sheets out and have your kids glue pieces of tissue paper or construction paper to the heart and skip the contact paper.
A Neat Valentine’s Day Craft Activity for Kids
Give each child a piece of red and a piece of pink tissue paper or construction paper. Instruct them to tear small pieces off and stick them to the contact paper. This continues until the entire heart is covered with pieces of paper.
My toddler and preschooler loved this craft! That’s saying a lot because my son (4 years old) isn’t very interested in doing crafts. He really enjoyed tearing the paper!
After they were done, I framed them in a dollar store frame to make them extra special. They look awesome hung up on a window too.
I LOVE YOU TO PIECES PRINTABLE CRAFT ACTIVITY <<<<—— CLICK HERE