These Christmas science experiments for preschoolers are jam packed with fun and excitement. Make this holiday season one filled with wonder and exploration!
Kids love to explore how things work, test their ideas and engage their senses. When you combine that with Christmas inspiration the fun factor really increases. These 10 science experiments for kids that are sure to bring your kids joy and excitement this Christmas season!
1. Magnetic Christmas Science and Sensory Bottle from Mom Inspired Life – Explore magnetism with this neat Christmas sensory bottle!
2. Ice Ornaments from Red Ted Art – make really cool ice ornaments by leaving decorated water outside to freeze.
3. Fizzing Candy Canes from Teaching Mama – See what happens when you mix candy canes, baking soda and vinegar.
4. Melting Snow Science Experiment from Mom Inspired Life – Does salt effect how quickly the snow melts?
5. Christmas Tree Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands – this slime is so much fun to play with and so pretty to look at!
6. Exploring Pine Trees from Inspiration Laboratories – get out your science tools and investigate pine needles
7. Christmas Candy Dissolving Experiment from Little Bins for Little Hands – test how quickly Christmas candy dissolves in different liquids.
8. Candy Cane Oobleck from Science Sparks – have a super gooey sensory experience
9. Snow Science Experiment from Inspiration Laboratories – test whether snow melts faster in the house, the refrigerator or the freezer.
10. Surprise Christmas Color Eruptions from Mom Inspired Life – this tricky chemical reaction will really excite your kids!
Here are some more playful Christmas learning activities!